You don’t need to commit to coming to the Heritage Centre every week. There are many other ways you can help us without such regular commitment or even having to leave home. It’s your skills and brainpower that will really help.
Making a difference
Just giving an hour or two a week or month you really can make a difference by:
- Assisting with the occasional school group
- Organising one or two small events over the year
- Supporting our newsletter editor
- Giving a hand with some clerical work
- Helping to publicise the Heritage Centre
- Printing and despatching photographic orders
- Popping in now and again to do some careful object cleaning (training and dusters will be provided)
- Sharing our collections with people who are unable to visit us.
And if you are a handyman (or woman), know of one with some time to spare, or want rid of a man from under your feet for a couple of hours who likes fixing things, screwing things together, painting things and tinkering with things, that’s even better. Our historic carriages always need some TLC.
Becoming a trustee
Our group of trustees may be small, but we are big in ambition and commitment. Can you help us take the Heritage Centre forward and maintain our high standards of presentation and customer care?
We meet once a month to plan our activities.
In This Section
The Heritage Centre, Station Yard, Woodburn Road, Bellingham, Northumberland. NE48 2DG
Tel: 01434 220050
A volunteer may not always be available to answer your call, so please leave a message.