75th anniversary of ending of World War 2 (as the Centre is closed due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we have staged this exhibition digitally on the website for the VE Day 75 year celebrations).
The interruption to normal opening has caused us to reschedule our seasonal exhibitions planned for the next few years. Here is our new schedule:
Red means the major exhibition of the season.
SEASONAL EXHIBITIONS 2020
(2 and 3 continued from 2019) subject to Heritage Centre Opening
- World War Two, new permanent cabinet display and seasonal display
- Forestry Commission 100th anniversary (1st September 1919)
- Heritage Centre 25th anniversary (10th June 1994)
SEASONAL EXHIBITIONS 2021
- 150th anniversary of the Postcard (1st October 1870)
- 130th anniversary of birth of Roderick (Roddy) Thompson (28th September 1890)
- New book on Roderick (Roddy) Thompson, photographer
SEASONAL EXHIBITIONS 2022
- 160th anniversary of Plashetts Colliery (20th May 1861)
- 40th anniversary of Kielder Reservoir (26th May 1982)
- 160th anniversary of opening of North British Railway Hexham to Riccarton Junction (1st July 1862)
SEASONAL EXHIBITIONS 2023
- 100th anniversary of the London and North Eastern Railway (1st January 1923)
- 100th anniversary of Wooley Sanatorium (11th September 1923) to include Barrasford (11th May 1907) and Stannington (5th October 1907)
SEASONAL EXHIBITIONS 2024
- 40th anniversary of the Blankenburgs photographic collection (11th December 1984)
- The changing face of Bellingham, Kielder Forest and the Valley of the North Tyne
* Of course, there will always be room for local exhibitions that may be arranged from time to time *
We hope to see you at all of these events!