The interruption to normal opening has caused us to reschedule our seasonal exhibitions planned for the next few years. Here is our new schedule:
The Weekend of the 11 and 12th Sptember is Heritage Open Days weekend across the Country with a theme of Edible England and the Heritage Centre is taking part. Our weekend is titled: "Recipes and Remedies from the Farmhouse Kitchen".
Discover traditional Northumberland recipes, find out how food was produced on hill farms, and what the Reivers had to do if a spur was served up on their dinner plates.
Whether you live nearby or are on holiday, there's lots to see and do at the Heritage Centre, for all ages. See if you might have Border Reiver ancestors on the interactive name map, and search the family history records to see if you have more recent ancestors from this area. Discover the impact of railways and industry on the landscape, and follow in the footsteps of Bellingham photographers who recorded local life. Collect your free booklet of Northumberland recipes which you can make at home. Family trails and quizzes, with prizes.
The Heritage Centre also has a well-stocked shop with local crafts, books and food; tourist information about places to visit in the area; accessible toilet. Free parking in the Station Yard. The Carriages Tea Room is next to the Heritage Centre, on Platform 1 of the former Bellingham (North Tyne) railway station.
Saturday 11 September: 1000-1600
Sunday 12 September: 1000-1600
Booking Details - No booking required
On Saturday 17th July we have the ENTWINDED event with artist in residence Bridget Kennedy. See more here.
Our annual classic and vinatage vehicle rally take place on Sunday 27th June 2021 between 10am and 4pm. See more information here.
Red means the major exhibition of the season.
SEASONAL EXHIBITIONS 2021 (currently showing)
- 150th anniversary of the Postcard (1st October 1870)
- 130th anniversary of birth of Roderick (Roddy) Thompson (28th September 1890)
- New book on Roderick (Roddy) Thompson, photographer* Of course, there will always be room for local exhibitions that may be arranged from time to time *
SEASONAL EXHIBITIONS 2022
- 160th anniversary of Plashetts Colliery (20th May 1861)
- 40th anniversary of Kielder Reservoir (26th May 1982)
- 160th anniversary of opening of North British Railway Hexham to Riccarton Junction (1st July 1862)
SEASONAL EXHIBITIONS 2023
- 100th anniversary of the London and North Eastern Railway (1st January 1923)
- 100th anniversary of Wooley Sanatorium (11th September 1923) to include Barrasford (11th May 1907) and Stannington (5th October 1907)
SEASONAL EXHIBITIONS 2024
- 40th anniversary of the Blankenburgs photographic collection (11th December 1984)
- The changing face of Bellingham, Kielder Forest and the Valley of the North TyneWe hope to see you at all of these events!